Thursday, November 26, 2009

Smiley head turnaround*

This exercise was about working out how lines move on a sphere when rotated. The sphere is the easiest curved shape to work with, as it's contour doesn't change when rotated. I did the following pictures while looking at how lines change on a kneadable eraser.





















I came up with some good rules as to how this works (see image below). Basically a line curving the opposite way to a contour will become straight and then bend towards the contour when turned towards it. A line bending the same way as the contour will be stretched out but will not come to form around the contour as it's turned towards it. I hope that makes sense.

Most of these pics below I just did via judgement and logic. Some don't look right, but it was a fun learning exercise. Hopefully I will be able to do some of Preston's eggs from any angle in mind soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment